The Division of Student Affairs at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a one-year fixed-term position as the Coordinator for the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center, with an appointment to begin on July 1, 2013. This is a 92% position with the possibility of renewal. This professional academic staff position carries an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series.
The Coordinator of the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center is responsible for the development and implementation of Women's and LGBTQ education, advocacy, programming and support. The Coordinator oversees all functions of the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center and reports to the Assistant Dean of Students. Principal functions and duties include the following:
- Serve as a resource and coordinate advocacy for students regarding women's and LGBTQ issues on campus (personal and institutional), and provide appropriate referrals as needed.
- Collaborate with campus departments and student services:
- Work closely with The Center for Awareness of Sexual Assault (CASA) to create programming and training on Sexual Assault prevention.
- Collaborate with Affirmative Action to help facilitate Safe Space training sessions.
- Work with Housing and Residence Life to plan the annual Safe Space with Bass CUBEfest event.
- Collaborate with Activities, Involvement and Leadership (AIL), the Collaboration-Inclusion and Intercultural Relations Committee, and other groups to streamline programming.
- Work with the Women's Studies Program to promote and facilitate monthly article/film discussions on relevant topics.
- Develop student leadership in areas related to women's and LGBTQ issues:
- Supervise the LGBTQ Peer Haven Mentoring Program.
- Work to create and coordinate a peer educator program to expand the impact of the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center.
- Assist appropriate personnel in the training of student leaders. (RAs, Peer Mentors, etc.).
- Advise and collaborate with student groups:
- Advise related student organizations and assist in organizational programming.
- Annual Programming Events:
- Create, develop, and improve campus and community-wide programming, including, but not limited to, activities for Women's History Month, National Coming Out Day, and National Day of Silence.
- Represent the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center to the University, community and UW System as appropriate:
- Represent the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center at Information Fairs and welcome events.
- Serve on University and division-wide committees, including LGBTQ Advisory Committee and the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), as appropriate.
- Manage and oversee the running of the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center Office:
- Maintain the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center budget, social media and website.
- Maintain and curate the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center Lounge, including the Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center Library and Infant Care Room.
- Select, supervise and evaluate Women's and LGBTQ Resource Center Coordinator student interns.
- Engage in professional development in order to keep current on national trends relevant to Women's Centers and LGBTQ Resource Centers. When funding is available, attend professional development trainings.
- Assess and develop programming and other initiatives in response to campus needs related to women's and LGBTQ issues.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in higher education.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of feminism, women's issues, LGBTQ issues and oppression.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory.
- Expertise and experience in event planning and student focused programming.
- Experience working with and advising student organizations.
- Experience working in student affairs.
- Teaching or training experience.
- Budget management skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers. Click the UW-Eau Claire Careers link. Student Affairs: Women's and LGBTQ Coordinator. Instructions are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Include in PDF format (a single pdf file strongly preferred):
- Letter of application
- Contact information for three references.
Direct requests for additional information to:
Ms. Cindy Nevin
Dean of Students Office
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by February 15, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment