A probationary, tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of Social Work at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 19, 2013.
- Faculty teach the equivalent of a 12-credit course load each semester as assigned.
- Faculty also participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Possibility for teaching and administrative responsibilities in a collaborative, part-time MSW program.
- An MSW from a CSWE-accredited program with two years full-time post-MSW employment in social work, and a doctorate in social work (or related field) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education are required for initial appointment as an assistant professor. ABD considered but doctorate must be completed by July 1, 2013. Teaching experience is preferred.
- Appointment at the Associate Professor level requires an earned doctorate in social work or a related field, an MSW with two years full-time post-MSW social work practice experience, teaching experience, and a record of scholarship.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate vision, commitment, and the ability to teach core social work courses as well as special electives in social work. The department is especially interested in candidates who have teaching and research interests in HBSE, Mental Health, and Child Welfare areas.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Social Work Program is a dynamic and vibrant learning community, accredited by CSWE to offer the baccalaureate social work degree. The Department hosts a part time MSW program in collaboration with the School of Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Teaching opportunities are available in the graduate program.
- Letter of application addressing each of the above qualifications
- Graduate school transcript
- Curriulum Vita
- Names/contact information for a minimum of three references
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htmby following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy and and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Professor Donald Mowry, Chair
Department of Social Work
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 15, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment