A full-time instructional academic staff position is available in the Department of Social Work as a Clinical Instructor or Clinical Assistant Professor beginning August 19, 2013.
- Teach courses as assigned in the Department of Social Work.
- Serve as the Director of Internship which provides leadership in the field education program through practice experience, field instruction experience, and administrative and other relevant academic and professional activities in Social Work.
- The individual in this position establishes policies, criteria, and procedures for selecting field settings; placing and monitoring students; maintaining field liaison contacts with field education settings; and evaluating student learning and field setting effectiveness congruent with the program's competencies and consistent with CSWE standards.
- The successful hire provides orientation and continuing education for field supervisors.
- The position calls for an organized leader who has or can quickly develop knowledge of the agencies and the Eau Claire community.
- An MSW from a CSWE-accredited program with a minimum of two years, full-time post-MSW employment in social work is required.
- University teaching experience is preferred.
- Clinical instructional academic staff teach the equivalent of a15-credit course load per semester including advising students.
- Part of the teaching load will involve a six credit appointment as the Director of Internship. In this position the person will coordinate field placements for the BSW and the part-time MSW program which is offered in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Social Work.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the department will be considered a major asset.
- Area of Concentration: The successful candidate will demonstrate vision, commitment, and the ability to teach core social work courses as well as special electives in social work. The department is especially interested in candidates who have teaching interests in HBSE, Mental Health, and Child Welfare areas.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Social Work Program is a dynamic and vibrant learning community, accredited by CSWE until 2015 to offer the baccalaureate social work degree. The Department hosts a part time MSW program in collaboration with the School of Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Teaching opportunities are available in the graduate program.
- Letter of application addressing each of the above qualifications
- Graduate school transcript
- Curriulum Vita
- Names/contact information for a minimum of three references
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htmby following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy and and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Professor Donald Mowry, Chair
Department of Social Work
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 15, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment