The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks applicants for a professional academic staff position in Services for Students with Disabilities to serve as the Academic Coordinator. This is a half-time fiscal year position with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series. The anticipated start date is January 2, 2014. This is a renewable appointment contingent on performance.
- Meet with students requesting accommodations; review documentation provided, and make referrals for additional assessment or services when necessary.
- Coordinate provision of test accommodations, note-takers, scribes, tutors, sign language interpreters, captioning, and other accommodations as needed.
- Coordinate the provision of print materials in alternative formats, the use of assistive technology devices, etc.
- Provide ongoing training and resource materials on disability issues to tutors and other disability services assistants.
- Advocate with faculty/staff on behalf of students with disabilities.
- Assist in the development of informational materials and the provision of faculty/staff training.
- Coordinate activities with other units and academic departments, and outside agencies and professionals to support the needs of students with disabilities.
- Document actions and services as required.
- Provide information to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, local organizations, etc. concerning services for students with disabilities.
- Contribute to unit, university, and community activities.
- Master's degree in school psychology, special education, vocational rehabilitation or a related academic discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Skill in the interpretation of a variety of disability documentation.
- Experience providing services and accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal regulations related to service provision to students with disabilities in a post-secondary educational environment.
- Experience providing services for students with disabilities in an academic setting.
About the Unit:
The Services for Students with Disabilities office works with students, faculty, staff, and community partners in a cooperative manner to facilitate the provision of mandated services and accommodations for students with disabilities that will ensure university facilities, programs, and activities are accessible.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: UW-Eau Claire Careers
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Services for Students with Disabilities: Academic Coordinator position (Job ID# 9326) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references.
If you have application questions, please email Director Vicky Thomas at email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 28, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment