The office of Services for Students with Disabilities at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking a Director to begin July 1, 2013. This full-time, fiscal-year administrative/professional academic staff position carries an official title of Student Services Program Manager II and has the expectation of renewal based on performance. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Director of the Services for Students with Disabilities office provides direct administrative support and supervision of mandated services available to all students with disabilities (0.50 FTE) and functions as project director of a federal Student Support Services TRIO program specific to serving a select group of students with disabilities (0.50 FTE).
- Administer and supervise the SSD office's programmatic, personnel, and budget functions, incorporating both campus and grant resources.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate programs, materials, and services designed to meet student needs.
- Supervise the provision of all mandated and non-mandated services for students with disabilities.
- Monitor all data relative to service provision to students with disabilities. Complete reporting for SSD programs and services as required by the University, the UW System, and the Department of Education TRIO regulations.
- Provide direct services to students with disabilities, including reviewing disability documentation, determining reasonable accommodations, referring students for testing, and providing retention services.
- Provide advocacy for students, working as needed with administrators, faculty, and academic staff members to ensure compliance with federal mandates and UW System guidelines.
- Serve on UW–Eau Claire and UW System committees and workgroups as requested. Chair the Provost's Advisory Committee on Accessibility Issues for Persons with Disabilities.
- Provide input and review accessibility features of new construction and remodeling projects.
- Consult in the process of researching, recommending, and purchasing adaptive equipment and technologies.
- Provide information and outreach to prospective students, parents, secondary schools, and local organizations concerning services for students with disabilities.
- Maintain UW-Eau Claire policies and procedures relative to access and accommodations for students with disabilities and serve as a campus resource on UW-Eau Claire policy, UW System policy, and applicable law regarding students with disabilities.
- Work with other offices to develop resources and provide training to faculty and staff related to accommodations, universal design, web accessibility, and other areas affecting students with disabilities.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Rehabilitation Counseling, School Psychology, Educational Administration, Special Education, Counseling or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of disability documentation requirements and determining reasonable accommodations.
- Knowledge of federal laws pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to administer programmatic and budget functions, and supervise personnel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of the TRIO programs and federal grant regulations.
- Experience with post secondary programs providing services for students with disabilities or similar populations.
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty and staff at the postsecondary level.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and diverse perspectives and experiences.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Services for Students with Disabilities: Director position (ID# 8949) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Stephanie Pyykola, Search Assistant, email@example.com .
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 15, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Ms. Stephanie Pyykola (firstname.lastname@example.org ; phone: 715-836-5111) to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment