A probationary tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of Special Education at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor with a focus on High Incidence Disabilities. The position is available beginning August 19, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience. Summer employment is possible.
- Applicants will be expected to teach courses as assigned in the Department of Special Education.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in research and scholarly activities; provide academic advising to students as assigned; supervise students in clinical settings; participate in the university's Human Development Center Assessment Clinic; engage in service to the university and community; and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Summer employment is possible.
- Doctorate in special education or related field by August 19, 2013 is preferred; ABD will be considered, with completion of degree required by August 1, 2014.
- Additional requirements:
- graduate studies in special education or teaching certification in an area of special education;
- a minimum of three years of pre-K-12 teaching experience with students with high-incidence disabilities;
- knowledge and skills in formal and informal assessment, IEPs, and academic interventions for students with mild disabilities;
- interest and expertise in inclusive practice;
- successful experience using evidence-based instructional practices with students at risk for academic failure including students with disabilities;
- interest in or willingness to use distance education technology.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Department of Special Education is very collegial and highly values effective teaching, collaboration and diversity.
- Letter of application addressing each of the qualifications above
- Graduate school transcript
- Curriculum Vita
- Names/contact information for a minimum of three references.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
Click on the link to the Special Education position, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions or requests for additional information to:
Dr. J. Todd Stephens
Department of Special Education
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 26, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment