The Publications Office at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a one-year fixed-term position as a Graphic/Digital Designer. This is a 100% position with the possibility of renewal, to start no later than July 1, 2013. The official title will be in the Artist title series. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Publications Director, this position serves as an integral member of the Integrated Marketing and Communications team.
- Responsible for identifying, designing and integrating new and emerging media into communications that support the university's goals.
- Works in tandem with Integrated Marketing and Communications staff to initiate, design and develop print and digital communications that positively reflect the university to its internal and external audiences.
- Works closely with other Integrated Marketing and Communications specialists to to design online newsletters, magazines and other digital and print university communications.
- Prepares images and photos for use on university websites.
- Designs and develops communications that are consistent with university goals across various print and digital media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years work experience in a graphic design related field.
- Minimum of five years experience using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in optimizing and preparing graphics for a wide range of digital mediums including web, print and social media.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of media platforms.
- Experience using web publishing tools such as content management systems.
- Experience working within rigid brand standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, customer oriented and achievement oriented.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to keep abreast of ever-changing technology needed to support ongoing marketing strategies.
- Professional experience in higher education.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and diverse perspectives and experiences.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
Click the UW-Eau Claire Careers link. Publications: Graphic/Digital Designer (Job ID #9026). Instructions are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three references.
- An online sample of your graphic/digital design work
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com.
The priority deadline for applications is May 31, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment