Two full-time, two-year instructional academic staff positions are available in the Department of Psychology as Visiting Assistant Professors beginning August 19, 2013. The official title will be in the Lecturer title series.
- Teach courses in the Department of Psychology as assigned.
- During the fall semester, for one position this will include four courses: three sections of Introduction to Psychology and one large section of Statistical Methods I. For the other position, the fall semester assignment will include five courses: two sections of Human Development and three sections of Introduction to Psychology.
- During the spring semester, there will be an opportunity to teach an upper division course in place of a section of Introduction to Psychology.
- Terminal degree or ABD in Psychology from a regionally accredited higher education institution is required.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Nineteen full-time faculty members and several instructional academic staff in the Psychology Department represent a broad range of specialty areas. We serve more than 500 undergraduate psychology majors and 20 school psychology graduate students, as well as general education. The Campus Autism Program, led by a board-certified behavior analyst, offers intensive behavioral intervention for children with autism. Department faculty and students also play a central role in the interdisciplinary Human Development Center that provides clinical services in a variety of areas. For more details, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/psyc .
- Letter of application
- Graduate school transcript
- Curriculum Vita
- Summary of student evaluations (if available).
Please have three letters of recommendation sent directly to langkh@uwec.
Dr. Kate Lang, Administrative Lead
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm by following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy--Psychology: Visiting Assistant Professors ID #8998) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com.
The priority deadline for applications is May 10, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment