Revised Priority Application Date = 10/15/12
The Psychology Department and the Women's Studies Program at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seek a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor (75% Psychology and 25% Women's Studies) to start August 19, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- We welcome candidates with any area of specialty in psychology.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in the disciplines of both Psychology and Women's Studies and must have an area of concentration in cross-cultural psychology.
- The successful candidate will teach courses in the Psychology Department, including introduction to psychology and cross-cultural psychology, as well as introductory Women's Studies courses and Women's Studies courses in their area of specialty, and other courses as assigned.
- They will participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students, and engage in service to the university and community.
- Doctorate in Psychology and evidence of strong academic training in Women's Studies (PhD, MA or MS, graduate minor, or BA or BS).
- ABD applicants will be considered but degree must be completed by March 2014.
- Interest and skill in undergraduate teaching.
- Evidence of effective undergraduate teaching in Introduction to Psychology, Cross-cultural Psychology, and undergraduate women's studies courses.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Fifteen full time faculty members in the Psychology Department represent a broad range of specialty areas. We serve more than 500 undergraduate psychology majors and 20 school psychology graduate students, as well as general education. We engage extensively in collaborative research with undergraduates. For more details, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/psyc . The interdisciplinary Women's Studies Program (est. 1985; major in 2006) includes 4 tenured or tenure-track faculty members with full or partial appointments in Women's Studies and 27 Affiliates drawn from disciplines campus wide. We serve 60 majors and minors, as well as general education, and offer certificates in Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies. For more information, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/wmns .
- Letter of application (describing teaching and research interests)
- Curriculum Vita
- Three letters of recommendation
- Student evaluations (if available)
- Relevant transcripts
- A sample of scholarly work
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
Click on the link to the Psychology/Women's Studies position, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions to:
Dr. Kate Lang, Administrative Lead
Department of Psychology
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 15, 2012. (Previous priority date was listed as November 15, 2012.) However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. Please contact Julie Herstad at 715-836-5733 or email@example.com to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment