The Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a Department Chair to start July 1, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The department's faculty engages in an impressive array of research and teaching in multiple areas of psychology. They are leaders in student-faculty collaborative research. The department offers both a psychology major and a behavior analysis major, as well as an Education Specialist graduate degree in School Psychology. We welcome candidates in any specialty area within the field of psychology with an exemplary record of teaching, scholarship and service that allows appointment to the position with tenure at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The position will start July 1, 2012.
- Fifty percent of the chair's duties are administrative. Those administrative duties require providing leadership for the department in consultation and cooperation with the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and performing duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Summer administrative work is expected with additional compensation.
- The chair is expected to promote and advocate for department programs; support curriculum development and assessment; promote faculty scholarly and service activity; manage facilities used by the department; effectively manage department budgets, including grant and scholarship funds; supervise tenure, promotion, appointment, salary, and other personnel decisions; lead recruitment and hiring of new faculty and academic staff; participate in department long-range planning; provide leadership through effective participation in College- and University-wide policy and decision-making activities; facilitate alumni relations; represent the department to external constituencies.
- Another 50 percent of the chair's duties are as a faculty member. In addition to administrative duties, the successful candidate will:
- teach courses in psychology,
- participate in research and scholarly activities,
- provide academic advising to students, and
- engage in service to the university and community.
- Doctorate in Psychology or closely allied field.
- Administrative experience that demonstrates the capacity to serve successfully as a chair.
- Interest and skill in undergraduate teaching.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
Nineteen full time faculty members and several instructional academic staff in the Psychology Department represent a broad range of specialty areas. We serve more than 500 undergraduate psychology majors and 20 school psychology graduate students, as well as general education. The Campus Autism Program, led by a board-certified behavior analyst, offers intensive behavioral intervention for children with autism. Department faculty and students also play a central role in the interdisciplinary Human Development Center that provides clinical services in a variety of areas. For more details, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/psyc .
To apply, submit the following:
- A letter of application describing your administrative and leadership skills
- Statements of teaching and research interests
- Curriculum Vita
- The names of 5 individuals prepared to provide references upon request
- Relevant transcripts
- A sample of scholarly work.
Submit materials in pdf format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Dr. Kate Lang, Administrative Lead, Department of Psychology
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 1, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Julie Herstad at 715-836-5733 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment