A probationary tenure track faculty position in the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies with an emphasis in Religious Studies is available at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 25, 2014.
- Applicants will be expected to teach courses as assigned in the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies [the equivalent of 12 credit hours per semester].
- The successful candidate will also participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students as assigned, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Ph.D. in Religious Studies or related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution is required.
- ABD applicants must have completed the terminal degree by the start date of August 25, 2014.
- Salary will becommensurate with teaching experience.
- Area of Specialty: Non-Western Religious Traditions, with the ability to teach the introductory survey course in the world's major religions.
- Expertise in indigenous or shamanic religious traditions, the ability to enhance the diversity of the department offerings and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will also be considered assets.
TheDepartment of Philosophy and Religious Studies offers majors and minors in both Philosophy and Religious Studies. Many of our courses serve as electives for other programs as well as for the university Liberal Education core. We currently have the equivalent of eight full-time and several part-time teaching positions.
To apply, submit the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Graduate school transcripts
- Curriculum Vita
- Evidence of teaching expertise (e.g. student and peer evaluations)
- Sample course syllabi, and
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters must be emailed separately to email@example.com with subject line including name of candidate and Job # 9203.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: UW-Eau Claire Careers
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Philosophy and Religious Studies: Assistant Professor of Religious Studies position (Job ID# 9203) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email Chair Charlene Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 1, 2013. However,screening may continue until position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must bereleased upon request.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment