A full-time professional academic staff position is available in the UW-Eau Claire Parking and Transportation Services unit as a Supervisor. The official title is Administrative Program Manager I, and the position has an anticipated start date of June 3, 2013. This is a renewable position, based on satisfactory performance.
A major component of this position's responsibility is to mitigate the negative impact of parking enforcement and parking issues by managing a proactive public relations program that includes cooperative working relationships with campus and community members or groups. This position will mediate and resolve parking disputes and fines and coordinate the university's parking appeals process.
This position provides supervision to the staff in the Parking and Transportation Services office and administers the university's parking program. This position reports to the Bursar.
- Develop and administer the annual parking and transportation budgets. Serve as account administrator for parking budgets, approve expenditures, monitor budgeted revenues and expenses and resolve general ledger discrepancies with University Accounting.
- Oversee the collection and cash control procedures for permit sales and ticket violation receipts. Recommend rates for permits and fines. Work with the Department of Transportation and the University's Collection Specialist in securing overdue parking citations.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Parking Office. Administer parking software program to manage parking citations, permits and accounts receivables.
- Perform supervisory functions to include hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and discipline of staff. Supervise a student leadership development program for ticket writers and transportation staff.
- Administer the issuance of permits and citations and procedures/policies related to both.
- Mediate and resolve parking disputes and fines stemming from parking enforcement. Respond to customer complaints and concerns. Efficiently and effectively respond to situations involving upset customers to diffuse situations.
- Serve as adjudicator to the Parking Appeals Board and Parking Appeals Board appellants.
- Coordinate the university/city transit transportation program with the Eau Claire Transit Manager.
- Respond to identified transportation needs as the university expands its boundaries.
- Oversee the Visitor Center and conveyance transportation service for temporary and permanently disabled students.
- Responsible for communicating timely parking information to faculty/staff, students and community members. Make presentations to academic, student and parent groups on parking and transportation topics, regulations or issues.
- Coordinate group and special event parking needs for academic/administrative departments and with members of the community.
- Serve as a liaison between Parking and Transportation Services and the University Police.
- Oversee all parking lots and spaces on campus. Plan and budget for development and capital improvements of parking lots, working closely with the Director of Facilities Management. Initiate and monitor ongoing facility upkeep and preventative maintenance to ensure the maximum useful life.
- Develop short and long term parking plans to meet current and future parking demands. Evaluate signage.
- Remain current on laws, statutes and policies pertaining to parking.
- Three years of relevant experience is required. A Bachelor's degree is considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to handle conflict and experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience in preparing budgets and with fiscal planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
Click the UW-Eau Claire Careers link. Parking and Transportation Services: Supervisor (Job ID #9016). Instructions are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is May 17, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment