The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks applications for the position of Media and Technology Specialist/Learning Resources Coordinator. This is a full-time, fixed-term (renewable) professional academic staff position in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences with the official title of Media Specialist. The anticipated start date is August 1, 2012.
- Supervise the college's Learning Resource Center.
- Organize holdings, catalog new media, and convert older to newer formats.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment purchases.
- Create and maintain a friendly and supportive atmosphere in the LRC that encourages a variety of learning and professional development opportunities and events for students and staff.
- Maintain knowledge of and facilitate use of university-wide resources available to College faculty and students.
- Partner with faculty and students working on research projects, including online survey development, data analysis with Excel or SPSS, large format poster preparation, and multimedia presentations.
- Develop and update college and college departments' web pages using Common Spot and photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Provide digital photography for college programs, events, and facilities, as well as organize, maintain, and distribute digital photos in a digital photo collection.
- Demonstrate willingness to be flexible in scheduling time to enable support for College events held during non-regular hours and at off-campus sites.
- Participate in college committees and workgroups related to instructional technology.
- Support Director of Evaluation with data management and analysis.
- Provide support for faculty in Eau Claire and Marshfield who wish to incorporate multimedia and technology tools into their courses. (Shared responsibility with DE Coordinator)
- Provide D2L support for all courses in the college. (Shared responsibility with DE Coordinator)
- Provide support for video/web conferencing tools. (Shared responsibility with DE Coordinator)
- Provide coordination and support for special initiatives at the request of the Dean.
- Bachelor's degree is required with a master's degree preferred in education, instructional design, technology or related field.
- Experience working with post-secondary students and educators.
- Experience in instructional technology.
- Experience in development and updating web design.
- Experience with distance education operations and support.
- Experience in media library maintenance and supervision of employees.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication and in written skills.
- Ability to work independently and with people.
- Experience in data management and analysis.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers CCNE accredited nursing programs to over 800 students. We offer an accelerated BSN program and traditional BSN program in Eau Claire and Marshfield, WI. We have faculty at both sites, and the classrooms are connected by live, interactive video. In addition, we collaborate in a statewide RN/BSN program, and provide both distance and onsite RN/BSN/MSN programming. We also offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. As an integral part of a liberal arts-based, comprehensive university, our nursing programs support collaborative relationships among faculty and students in the College, within the University, and in both professional and practice communities.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Contact information for three references
- Official/unofficial undergraduate/graduate transcripts.
To apply, go to UW-Eau Claire Careers: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions please call or email
Cathy Wilson, Dean's Assistant
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by June 20, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment