Tenure-track (probationary) faculty positions are available at all ranks. Appointments are nine months with possibilities for summer appointments. There are excellent opportunities for research, leadership, clinical and professional development. Engaged teams of students and faculty conduct research through the University student-faculty collaborative research program. Interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship opportunities are readily available and supported at this university. Collaborative community exchanges, cultural immersion programs and global awareness initiatives are well established at the university and new, innovative partnerships are supported through the university strategic plan and community agencies. Faculty and staff at the University foster student-centered learning, leadership skill development, and a strong shared governance model.
- The faculty role includes traditional classroom, clinical and/or online teaching/learning as well as other innovations in inter-professional education, cross-disciplinary initiatives, community collaborations, and distance education processes.
- Other faculty duties include advising, performing research/scholarly activities, engaging in service, and participating in University Faculty governance through service on Department, College, and University committees.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field or substantial progress toward doctorate with a master's degree in nursing*, though candidates without a master's degree and near completion of a doctoral degree in nursing may be considered contingent on completion of the doctoral degree prior to the start of the contractual period;
- Current RN licensure in the U.S. and eligibility for RN licensure in Wisconsin. RN license required by start of contract;
- Demonstrated experience and/or commitment to the core values of equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Teaching experience within the past 5 years;
- Evidence of scholarly and/or research dissemination with the past 5 years.
- Preferred areas of expertise -- Although applicants with other clinical practice and or scholarship expertise may be considered, depending on areas of departmental need, the following areas of expertise will be given the highest consideration:
- Nurse Practitioner: Gerontology, Adult-Gerontology, Adult, or Family with certification and prescriptive authority; or
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Gerontology, or Adult/Gerontology with certification; or
- Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist: Psychiatric/Mental Health with certification.
*To hold a tenure-track position, the candidate must have an earned doctorate or have made substantial progress toward the doctorate. In order to continue on the tenure track, the doctorate must be completed by the end of the first year of full-time employment.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers CCNE-accredited BSN and MSN programs to over 800 students. The Department of Nursing offers a traditional BSN program in Eau Claire and Marshfield, WI, a statewide collaborative BSN completion program, an MSN program for those pursuing an Education focus, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. For the DNP, students select a population of focus (adult/gerontologic or family) and role preparation (administration, or advanced clinical practice: nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist). The department is comprised of faculty located at both the Eau Claire and Marshfield sites. Classrooms are connected by live, interactive video. Both distance and on-site programming is provided in the BSN, BSN completion, and MSN programs. The DNP combines face to face learning, immersion experiences and online education. As an integral part of a liberal arts-based, comprehensive university, the nursing programs support collaborative relationships among faculty and students in the College, within the University, and in professional and practice communities.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- Copies of transcripts
- Contact information for three references
Please submit materials in pdf format.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers. Click on the position vacancy, Nursing: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Job# 9786, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
For questions or additional information about these positions, please contact:
Dr. Mary Canales
Chair of Search and Screen Committee
This is an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. The University reserves the right to contact references of its own choosing.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment