The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks applications for the position of Clinical Agency Coordinator for Pre-Licensure Programs beginning during summer 2013. This is a full-time (all-year-round), fixed-term renewable (based on satisfactory performance) professional academic staff position with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series.
Primary responsibilities include development and implementation of plans for student clinical placements, review of student preceptor/clinical site requests, review of availability of preceptors and clinical faculty for undergraduate courses, management of student health records and management of clinical affiliation data bases. Responsibilities include:
- Works collaboratively with the clinical agency coordinator (post-licensure), department chair, faculty, students and dean's office in developing and implementing plans for student clinical placements.
- Provides guidance in the review of student preceptor/clinical site requests.
- Facilitates the recruitment of and ongoing identification of preceptors and the availability of preceptors and clinical faculty for undergraduate courses for hospital and community based settings.
- Serves as the primary contact for clinical agencies related to student placement.
- Provides guidance to students, faculty and department chair on agency requirements for student placement (e.g. orientation requirements).
- Creates and maintains data base providing information regarding agency requirements (e.g. orientation, dress codes.)
- Coordinates the preparation of new affiliation agreements and manages timely renewals of existing agreements for dean approval/signature.
- Maintains the clinical affiliation database in collaboration with the Dean's office personnel.
- Reviews all traditional baccalaureate (TBSN) student documents required for clinical placement, including but not limited to health records, CPR and Criminal background checks, and other related documents at time of admission to a nursing program to assure completion of these records. Consults the Clinical Agency Coordinator (post-licensure) related to these documents for post-licensure students.
- Advises students in the completion of required health and other clinical agency required records.
- Monitors and assures ongoing maintenance of student health records and other related documentation.
- Collaborates with the faculty, department chair and students in the planning for immersion experiences including clinical placement and agency requirements, travel and student preparation.
- Other duties as directed by the Chair of the Department of Nursing
- A Bachelor's degree in nursing required, a Master's degree in nursing is preferable.
- RN licensure in the state of Wisconsin is required.
- Ability to collaborate with health care agencies and skill in negotiation are required.
- A major qualification is the ability to work with students having diverse backgrounds (age, gender, culture).
- Knowledge of UW-Eau Claire academic policies and procedures is desired.
Please submit the following in PDF format:
- Letter of interest
- Copy of transcripts (official transcripts required for appointment)
- Current CV
- Contact information for three references.
Send or email application materials to:
Dr. Rosemary Jadack, Department Chair
College of Nursing and Health Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by May 15, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment