The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks applications for the position of Clinical Agency Coordinator for Post-Licensure Programsbeginning March 4, 2013. This is a 50% part-time, fixed-term (renewable) professional academic staff position with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series.
Primary responsibilities include facilitation, recruitment and management of preceptors for BSN completion and graduate courses for clinical placement in primary care, hospital and community based settings. Responsibilities also include management of post-licensure student health records and clinical affiliation databases. Duties include:
- Works collaboratively with the clinical agency coordinator (pre-licensure), Assistant Dean of Post Licensure Programs, department chair, associate dean, faculty, students and dean's office in developing and implementing plans for post-licensure student clinical placements.
- Provides guidance in the review of student preceptor/clinical site requests.
- Facilitates the recruitment of and ongoing identification of preceptors and the availability of preceptors and clinical faculty for BSN completion and graduate courses for primary care, hospital and community based settings.
- Provides guidance to students, faculty and department chair on agency requirements for student placement (e.g. orientation requirements).
- Contributes to and collaborates with the Clinical Agency Coordinator to maintain data base providing information regarding agency requirements (e.g. orientation, dress codes).
- Reviews the BSN completion and graduate student documents required for clinical placement, including but not limited to health records,CPR and Criminal background checks and other related documents at time of admission to a nursing program to assure completion of these records.
- Advises students in the completion of required health and other clinical agency required records.
- Monitors and assures ongoing maintenance of student health records and other related documentation.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required and graduate education in nursing is strongly preferred.
- RN licensure in the state of Wisconsin is required.
- Strong communication skills and experience with interagency collaborations are required.
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of UW-Eau Claire academic policies and procedures are preferred.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site:http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Clinical Agency Coordinator for Post-Licensure Programs position and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- CV or Resume
- Copy of RN license
- Contact information for three references.
If you have application questions, please email
Ms. Cathy Wilson, Dean's Assistant,email@example.com or phone 715-836-5287.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by February 22, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment