Applications still being accepted (as of 3/4/13).
Priority application date extended to January 31, 2013. (Was December 10, 2012)
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a Nursing Department Chair to start June 1, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The academic department chair is a role model for department faculty and maintains a work environment that promotes excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and advising.
- The chair will participate in college and university wide policy and decision making activities.
- Management of personnel, teaching assignments, class schedules and budgets are areas for which the chair has responsibilities.
- A doctorate in nursing or closely related field
- Master's degree in nursing
- A tenured professor or equivalent
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for RN licensure in Wisconsin
- Experience in undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Commitment to shared governance
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences serves over 800 undergraduate and graduate students, with an expanding faculty and staff. We offer CCNE accredited traditional and BSN-completion programs and MSN programs. The BSN programs are offered in Eau Claire and Marshfield, WI, connected by interactive video. The BSN-completion program is part of a collaborative statewide initiative, providing both distance and onsite course offerings. At the graduate level, students select Adult/Gerontological or Family population and role preparation in nursing education, administration, or advanced clinical practice (nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist). A Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program was launched in summer 2010.
To apply, submit the following:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Copies of transcripts
- Proof of RN licensure
- Names and contact information for three references
Submit materials in pdf format.
You must apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment . Click the UW-Eau Claire Careers link to the Nursing Department chair position. Instructions for applying online are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Ms. Cathy Wilson, Dean's Office
College of Nursing and Health Sciences
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 31, 2013 (was previously December 10, 2012). However, screening may continue until the position is filled. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Cathy Wilson at 715-836-5287 to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment