A full-time, probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor is available in the Department of Music and Theatre Arts with an emphasis in Music Education/Elementary General Specialist beginning August 25, 2014.
- Teach PreK-5 general music methods course.
- Observe student teachers.
- Work and teach collaboratively with a group of professors instructing general teaching methods for early childhood through adolescence licensure.
- Contribute to and teach courses as part of an active jazz studies area.
- Other courses and responsibilities are possible according to candidate interest and departmental need.
- Participate in recruiting, research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students as assigned, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate required (ABD applicants must complete the doctoral degree by March 20, 2015).
- Ability to effectively teach elementary general music teaching methods is required.
- At least three years of demonstrated success as an elementary music teacher are required.
- Expertise in vocal jazz and/or jazz piano desired.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching and related professional experience.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of Music and Theatre Arts serves approximately 320 music majors and minors supported by 27 full-time and nine part-time faculty. The department and its musical programs are highly regarded in the state and region and enrich the Eau Claire community while providing outstanding academic opportunities. Our faculty are well known for the quality of their performances and for their innovative teaching. Academic programs include the BM degree in performance, theory and composition; the BME degree in instrumental, choral and general music education; the BA and BS degrees in music and music history. All degree programs are fully accredited by NASM. The department also serves 95 majors and minors supported by six full-time faculty and two staff in undergraduate programs in theatre arts and dance and offers BA degrees in theatre and theatre education, as well as a minor in dance. Applicants are encouraged to peruse the department's website at www.uwec.edu/Mus-The .
- Letter of application addressing position qualifications
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
- Curriculum vita
- Three current letters of recommendations.
- No recordings are required at this time; however, they may be requested in the future.
To apply, go to: UW-Eau Claire Careers .
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." Click the link to Music and Theatre Arts: Assistant Professor with emphasis in Music Education/Elementary General Specialist (Job ID# 9272) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Nichole Akright, Academic Department Associate
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 30, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment