A probationary tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of Music and Theatre Arts at the rank of Assistant Professor to serve as Director of Concert Bands and to serve as Conductor of the Wind Symphony with teaching in Music Education. The position is available beginning August 19, 2013.
- Conduct the Wind Symphony, our premier wind ensemble. Further enhance the regional and national reputation of the Wind Symphony.
- Teach conducting, instrumental literature and conducting, and other courses according to department need and candidate strength.
- Observe student teachers.
- Administrative responsibility for the concert band area budget and the scheduling of concert bands.
- Participate in other research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students as assigned, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- DMA or PhD in Conducting or Music Education required. ABD applicants must complete the terminal degree by March 29, 2014.
- Ability to conduct a premier band at the collegiate level and teach conducting techniques required.
- Extensive knowledge of wind literature from the novice to professional levels required.
- A minimum of three years teaching in PreK-12 public or private schools is required.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the department and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will be considered an asset.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Department of Music and Theatre Arts serves approximately 320 music majors and minors supported by 27 full-time and 9 part-time faculty. The department and its musical programs are highly regarded in the state and region and enrich the Eau Claire community while providing outstanding academic opportunities. Academic programs include the BM degree in performance, theory and composition; the BME degree in instrumental, choral and general music education; the BA and BS degrees in music and music history. All degree programs are fully accredited by NASM. The department also serves 95 majors and minors supported by 6 full-time faculty and two staff in undergraduate programs in theatre arts and dance and offers BA degrees in theatre and theatre education, as well as a minor in dance. Applicants are encouraged to peruse the department's website at www.uwec.edu/Mus-The .
- Letter of application
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
- Curriculum vita
- Three current letters of recommendation
- A list of additional references including e-mail addresses
- An upload of a video or post of a weblink to video examples of performance and rehearsal
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
Click on the link to the Director of Bands position, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions to:
Ms. Nichole Akright
Music and Theatre Arts
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 2, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. Please contact Dr. Vanissa Murphy, Chair, Department of Music and Theatre Arts (email@example.com ) to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment