The Department of Music and Theatre Arts at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking candidates for an instructional academic staff position in the Lecturer title series to serve as Choral Conductor/Music Educator for 80% beginning August 25, 2014.
- Conduct Women's Concert Chorale, Women's Chorus, and Symphonic Choir (an SATB ensemble performing choral masterworks with orchestra).
- Observe choral music education student teachers.
- Other courses and responsibilities may be possible according to candidate interest and departmental need.
- Participate in recruiting and choral department events.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in music education or choral conducting required, doctoral degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success as a choral conductor required, experience at the collegiate level is desired.
- At least three years of demonstrated success as a middle or high school choral music teacher are required.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and/or ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus is desired.
The Department of Music and Theatre Arts serves approximately 320 music majors and minors supported by 27 full-time and 9 part-time faculty. The department and its musical programs are highly regarded in the state and region and enrich the Eau Claire community while providing outstanding academic opportunities. Our faculty are well known for the quality of their performances and for their innovative teaching. Academic programs include the BM degree in performance, theory and composition; the BME degree in instrumental, choral and general music education; the BA and BS degrees in music and music history. All degree programs are fully accredited by NASM. The department also serves 95 majors and minors supported by 6 full-time faculty and two staff in undergraduate programs in theatre arts and dance and offers BA degrees in theatre and theatre education, as well as a minor in dance. Applicants are encouraged to peruse the department's website at www.uwec.edu/Mus-The .
- Letter of application addressing position qualifications.
- Curriculum vita.
- Audio recording of 3 recently conducted choral selections.
- Unofficial graduate school transcript(s).
- Three current letters of recommendation. (If your letters are sent directly from your recommenders, they need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org who will upload them to your application.)
Please submit all documents in PDF format.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers . You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to: Music and Theatre Arts: Choral Conductor - Music Educator (Job ID # 9687) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions for additional information to Nichole Akright, Academic Department Associate; email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is April 27, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment