Notice of Filing of the Application for Permanent Employment Certification
The notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the positions of Assistant Professor in the Department of Management and Marketing for which a competitive recruitment was done (position announcement attached).
Any person may provide a documentary evidence bearing on the application for permanent alien labor certification to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at:
United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Chicago National Processing Center
Railroad Retirement Board Building
844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Telephone: (312) 886-8000
FAX: (312) 886-1688
The University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire provides prevailing working conditions for all employees. The rate of pay for these positions will be $95,000.
Department of Management and Marketing
Two probationary full-time tenure-track faculty positions in the Department of Management and Marketing at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 25, 2014.
- Applicants will be expected to teach courses as assigned by the Department of Management and Marketing.
- The chosen candidate will also participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students as assigned, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Marketing or related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution is required. ABD applicants must have their terminal degree awarded by their PhD granting institution's spring 2015 commencement date.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience.
- Desired areas of teaching include International Marketing, Promotions, Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Principles.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching and scholarly activity required.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the department and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities, will be considered an asset.
The Department of Management and Marketing is a vibrant and cohesive group of teachers and scholars, dedicated to excellence in teaching and remaining current in their fields through scholarly activity. The department offers five majors: Management, Marketing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, and International Business. Within the Marketing major, there are three emphases: Marketing, Professional Sales, and Marketing Analytics. The department serves over 1,200 undergraduate majors, and supports the UW-Eau Claire College of Business on-campus MBA program, as well as the UW System Consortium online MBA program. The department is housed in UW–Eau Claire's AACSB accredited College of Business.
To apply, submit the following--in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- graduate school transcript
- Summary of student evaluations (if available)
- Names of three references
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online at: UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Click on our position vacancy --Management and Marketing: Assistant Professor (Job ID #9660)-- and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 30, 2014.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment