Notice of Filing of the Application for Permanent Employment Certification
The notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Management and Marketing for which a competitive recruitment was done (position announcement attached).
Any person may provide a documentary evidence bearing on the application for permanent alien labor certification to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at:
United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Chicago National Processing Center
Railroad Retirement Board Building
844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Telephone: (312) 886-8000
FAX: (312) 886-1688
The University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire provides prevailing working conditions for all employees.
The rate of pay for this position will be $95,000.
Department of Management and Marketing
The Department of Management and Marketing at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Marketing. The position will start August 19, 2013.
- Applicants will be expected to teach courses as assigned by the Department of Management and Marketing with an emphasis in Marketing.
- The chosen candidate will also participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students as assigned, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Marketing or related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution is required. ABD applicants must complete the terminal degree by March 20, 2014.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience.
- Desired areas of teaching include: Promotions/Social Media and Marketing Strategy. The additional areas of marketing analytics and/or sales would also be a plus.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching and scholarly activity required.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the department and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will be considered an asset.
The Department of Management and Marketing is a vibrant and cohesive group of teachers and scholars, dedicated to excellence in teaching and remaining current in their fields through scholarly activity. The department offers five majors: Management, Marketing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, and International Business. Within the Marketing major, there are three emphases: Marketing, Professional Sales, and Marketing Analytics. The department serves over 1,200 undergraduate majors, and supports the UW-Eau Claire College of Business on-campus MBA program, as well as the UW System Consortium online MBA program. The department is housed in UW–Eau Claire's AACSB accredited College of Business.
To apply, submit the following--in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- Graduate school transcript
- Summary of student evaluations (if available)
- Names of three references
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. Instructions for applying online are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. Register for the application site by providing a user name and password of your own choosing.
Under Job Search, use the Advanced Search option, and search for Job Opening ID # 8818. Attach (in PDF format) a letter of application, Curriculum Vita, graduate school transcript, summary of student evaluations (if available), and the names of three references. You should continue through the application process, through the agreement to "Terms and Conditions," and click Submit.
Please send a separate email request for confirmation that your application has been received to department chair Kristy Lauver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any documents you wish to submit after the online application is completed should be emailed directly to Dr. Lauver at the same email address.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by February 15, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment