The Department of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for two or more probationary tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor. The positions will start August 19, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The primary responsibilities of the positions are to teach undergraduate mathematics courses for both majors and non-majors as assigned in the Department of Mathematics.
- Other responsibilities include participating in research and other scholarly activities, providing academic advising to students as assigned, and providing service to the Department, the University, the community, and the profession.
- The typical teaching load is three courses per semester with two preparations.
- A doctorate in mathematics or mathematics education is required by August 19, 2013.
- Applicants must have a commitment to teaching undergraduates and present evidence of teaching excellence.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate an ability to teach a wide range of mathematics courses, both for majors and non-majors.
- The successful applicant will also present evidence of the potential to establish a productive research program that can engage undergraduates in student/faculty collaborations.
- The department is especially interested in applicants who bring diverse perspectives to the University, and those who may be especially effective in mentoring and advising students who are members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in the discipline.
The Department of Mathematics has 30 tenured or tenure-track faculty, and offers undergraduate programs in mathematics, actuarial science, and mathematics education. In addition to teaching courses for its majors, the Department also teaches a wide range of courses for non-majors, including calculus preparation courses, statistics, mathematics courses for elementary education majors, and other liberal education mathematics courses for non-majors.
To apply, submit the following:
- A letter of interest addressing the stated qualifications of the position
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research interests
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Three current letters of recommendation, at least one of which addresses teaching effectiveness.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to:
To ensure full consideration, completed applications must be received by November 25, 2012. However, screening may continue until the positions are filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment