The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks applications for the position of Study Abroad Coordinator in the Center for International Education. This is a full-time, fixed-term (renewable) professional academic staff position with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series. The anticipated start date is January 2, 2013.
This study abroad position involves program design, planning, and implementation. Duties include:
- Manage program budget development and funds.
- Conduct academic advising sessions, orientation sessions, and academic seminars.
- Work with faculty, academic advisors, and administrative assistants in the United States and abroad.
- Organize and carry out promotional activities and events.
- Actively participate in advising students on their academic and personal concerns relative to study abroad.
- Keep current with changing developments abroad relative to student security and safety, and advise students on health and safety issues abroad.
- Keep current on developments in higher education abroad at relevant partner institutions.
- Communicate regularly with students to monitor their progress and ensure their success in their international study program.
- Maintain close contact with the UW-Eau Claire Registrar's Office, Financial Aid Office, Business Services Office, campus academic departments and colleges, as well as other relevant departments and units as needed.
- Conduct appropriate re-entry support, evaluation, and data collection.
- Train and supervise program assistant, student assistant, and student intern.
- Work with department chairs on study abroad curriculum integration, and other duties as assigned by the director.
The position will be assigned to administer specific study abroad programs based on the background and interests of the incumbent.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Experience working or studying abroad.
- Master's degree in appropriate field
- Experience in study abroad program administration, marketing, and promotion, including use of social media·
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with university faculty
- Experience with study abroad curriculum integration
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Experience with database and Web page maintenance
- Experience working with diverse groups and ability to bring diverse perspectives to campus
- Excellent organizational skills.
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
The mission of the study abroad unit of the Center for International Education is to enhance the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student experience by developing and administering high quality international academic programs that are integrated into the campus curriculum. We provide students with opportunities to cultivate intercultural competency by engaging with people, cultures, languages, and systems abroad, in order to foster global citizens who have personal and professional skills for lifelong learning in a diverse world.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site:http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Study Abroad Coordinator position and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three references.
If you have application questions, please email
Ms. Kristine Tappe, Search Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 22, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Kristine Tappe at 715-836-4411 or email@example.com if necessary to request accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment