The office of Marketing, Communications and Strategic Planning at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking a Marketing Manager, a Professional Academic Staff position within the Chancellor's division to start no later than March 1, 2013. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Marketing, Communications & Strategic Planning this position serves as an integral member of the Integrated Marketing and Communications team.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and assessing marketing plans in support of student recruitment, alumni and donor development, and the university brand across all media platforms.
- The position supervises social media and marketing efforts.
- In addition the marketing manager identifies and oversees integration of new and emerging media and marketing opportunities in support of the university's goals.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Proven success in developing and implementing both short- and long-term integrated marketing and communications goals and strategies
- Professional experience in marketing for higher education, especially in student recruitment
- Experience in philanthropic marketing
- Experience using social media as a public relations/marketing tool.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of media platforms
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and providing accountability measures
- Experience with video writing, producing and editing
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Experience using Web publishing tools such as CommonSpot content management system, or other comparable tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Documented professional skills in the following areas: Ability to work collaboratively and independently; customer orientation; achievement orientation; leadership
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and diverse perspectives and experiences.
Submit the following:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three references
Submit materials electronically in pdf or word format (pdf preferred). Send materials to:
Ms. Mary Jane Brukardt
Director of Marketing, Communication and Strategic Planning
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by February 18, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment