The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking an Immersion Coordinator in Academic Affairs. This professional academic staff position is in the Student Services Coordinator title series, and is available beginning September 1, 2013. This is a full-time year-round position which is renewable based on performance.
- Reporting to the Provost and Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs (or designee), the position will develop and provide faculty workshops on domestic and international immersion programs and orientation materials for faculty leaders, develop publicity, coordinate selection and advising of students, and revise and update faculty and student handbooks for the faculty-led programs and immersion experiences.
- The position will manage budgetary matters for the programs, oversee maintenance of student records, assist with travel arrangements associated with faculty projects, work with faculty to develop pre-departure orientation and reentry opportunities, and assist in on-going program evaluation, among other responsibilities.
- Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities, as well as domestic and international travel, may be part of the position.
- Master's degree in a relevant field required from a regionally accredited institution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, work with faculty, arrange group travel, knowledge of risk management, and student learning outcome assessment will be considered an asset.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the unit and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will be considered an asset.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Intercultural Immersion: Immersion Coordinator position (Job ID# 8924) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for three references.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Sarah Forcier in Academic Affairs at email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by July 26, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment