A probationary, tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of History at the rank of Assistant Professor with an emphasis in Native American History beginning August 19, 2013.
- We welcome candidates in Native American history (Great Lakes or Great Plains preferred).
- The successful candidate will teach courses in Native American history, US history, historical methodology, and other courses as assigned.
- They will participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising tostudents, and engage in service to the university and community.
- PhD in History (or related field) specializing in Native American history.
- ABD applicants will be considered by degree must be completed by March 2014.
- Interest and skill in undergraduate teaching.
- Evidence of effective undergraduate teaching in US history.
- Specialization in Great Lakes or Great Plains history.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Twelve full time faculty members in the History Department represent a broad range ofspecialty areas. We serve more than 200 undergraduate history majors (including social studies education majors) and 25 MA students, as well as general education. We have a growing public history program at both undergraduate and graduate levels. We collaborate with UW-Eau Claire's interdisciplinary program in American Indian Studies. For more details, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/history/index.htm .
- Letter of application (describing teaching and research interests)
- Curriulum Vita
- Three letters of recommendation
- Student evaluations (if available)
- Relevant transcripts
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Dr. Kate Lang, Chair
Department of History
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 5, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Donna Kuklinski at 715-836-5501 or email@example.com to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment