The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks to hire a Visiting Assistant Professor (lecturer title series) in French in the Department of Foreign Languages. This is a three-year appointment beginning August 25, 2014. The department seeks a dynamic candidate who is committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching and who will contribute to the development of a diverse cultural presence on campus and in the community.
- Applicants will be expected to teach French language, culture, and civilization courses at all levels as assigned in the Department of Foreign Languages; support student-led initiatives; provide academic advising to students as needed; engage in service to the university, the profession, and the community.
- Doctorate in French (specialization open) or in Education (emphasis in French) or ABD preferred. MA applicants considered with evidence of solid teaching experience at the college level.
- Record of demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching, experience in leadership and in the development of extra-curricular activities, and native or near native competency in French and English are required.
- Training in foreign language pedagogy, experience in teaching courses in French Civilization, French for the Professions, and/or French Phonetics considered assets.
Our thriving Department of Foreign Languages offers various majors and minors in French, German, and Spanish as well as a TEFL minor/certificate, a minor in Japanese, and at least two semesters of Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Hmong, Latin, and Russian. For more department information please visit: http://www.uwec.edu/flang/index.htm .
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Graduate school transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Statement of teaching philosophy that includes a description of practical classroom application
- Three current letters of recommendation. (If your letters are sent directly from your recommenders, they need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org who will upload them to your application.)
Please submit all documents in PDF format.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers . You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to: Foreign Languages: Lecturer/Visiting Assistant Professor (Job ID # 9467) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have applications questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is February 15, 2014. However, screening will continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be able to be legally employed in the United States. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references of our choice with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment