Notice of Filing of the Application for
Permanent Employment Certification
The notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Languages for which a competitive recruitment was done (position announcement attached).
Any person may provide a documentary evidence bearing on the application for permanent alien labor certification to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at:
United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Chicago National Processing Center
Railroad Retirement Board Building
844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Telephone: (312) 886-8000
FAX: (312) 886-1688
The University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire provides prevailing working conditions for all employees. The rate of pay for this position will be $55,000.
Department of Languages
A probationary tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of Foreign Languages at the rank of Assistant Professor with an emphasis in Spanish beginning August 25, 2014.
The department seeks a dynamic candidate who is committed to teaching excellence and to maintaining an active program of scholarship involving undergraduates, who is interested in interdisciplinary work within the department and the university, and who will bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives to campus.
- Teach Spanish language courses at all levels (including Advanced Composition and Conversation) as assigned in the Department of Foreign Languages.
- Participate in research and scholarly work related to the field of expertise.
- Support faculty and students in the department's study-abroad programs.
- Provide academic advising to students as assigned.
- Engage in service to the university and community and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Spanish (specialization open) or in Education (emphasis in Spanish).
- ABD applicants considered with evidence that the degree will be formally conferred before the start of the 2014-15 academic year.
- Record of or demonstrated potential for excellence in research and scholarly publication, and native or near native competency in Spanish and English are required.
- Training in foreign language pedagogy, experience in developing and/or teaching courses in Spanish for the Professions may be considered assets.
Our thriving Department of Foreign Languages offers majors and minors for Liberal Arts and Teaching in French, German, and Spanish as well emphases in Business German and Business Spanish and a minor/certificate program in Spanish for the Health Professions. The Department is home to multidisciplinary programs in Latin American, Middle East, and Ancient Studies. It also offers a TESOL minor and a TEFL minor/certificate, a minor in Japanese, and at least two semesters of Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hmong, Latin, and Russian, with other languages offered at study abroad sites. (More department info: http://www.uwec.edu/flang/index.htm )
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita and graduate school transcript (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Three current letters of recommendation
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: UW-Eau Claire Careers. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to 'Foreign Languages: Assistant Professor of Spanish--Job ID # 9261' and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com.
The priority deadline for applications is October 25, 2013. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Candidates must be able to be legally employed in the United States. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. The university reserves the right to contact additional references of our choice with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment