A full-time, one-year instructional academic staff position is available in the Department of Foreign Languages as a Lecturer in Spanish beginning August 19, 2013.
- Depending on qualifications, applicants will be expected to teach first- and second-year and/or higher-level Spanish composition courses; possibly other Spanish courses per department needs.
- M.A. in Spanish, related field, or in Education with emphasis in Spanish.
- Experience in undergraduate Spanish teaching consistent with current instructional methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills in English; Spanish proficiency at the superior level.
- The department encourages applications from individuals who will bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives or experiences to campus and are committed to promoting inclusiveness and diversity.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Foreign Languages—thriving and highly regarded in the Upper Midwest—offers majors and minors for Liberal Arts and Teaching in French, German, and Spanish as well as an emphasis in Business German and Business Spanish and a minor/certificate program in Spanish for the Health Professions. The Department is home to multidisciplinary programs in Middle East, and Ancient Studies. It also offers a TESOL minor and a TEFL minor/certificate, a minor in Japanese, and at least one year in Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hmong, Latin, and Russian (other languages offered at study abroad sites). (More department info: http://www.uwec.edu/flang/index.htm) .
- Letter of application
- Resume and graduate school transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Three current letters of recommendation to be sent directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm by following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy--Foreign Languages: Spanish Lecturer ID #8897) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is March 29, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be able to be legally employed in the United States.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment