Priority Application Date Extended to 6/22/12
A full-time, one-year instructional academic staff position in the Department of Foreign Languages is available to teach Spanish. This position has an official title in the Lecturer title series and is for the 2012-2013 academic year with a start date of August 20, 2012. This position is contingent on funding availability.
- Depending on qualifications, applicants will be expected to teach first- and second-year language and/or higher-level Spanish composition courses; and other Spanish courses per department needs.
- M.A. in Spanish or in Education with emphasis in Spanish;
- experience in undergraduate Spanish teaching consistent with current instructional methodologies;
- excellent communication skills in English;
- Spanish proficiency at the superior level.
- Experience in teaching Spanish for the Professions considered an asset.
- The department encourages applications from individuals who will bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives or experiences to campus and are committed to promoting inclusiveness and diversity.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT AND COLLEGE:
The Department of Foreign Languages—thriving and highly regarded in the Upper Midwest—offers majors and minors for Liberal Arts and Teaching in French, German, and Spanish as well as an emphasis in Business German and Business Spanish and a minor/certificate program in Spanish for the Health Professions. The Department is home to multidisciplinary programs in Latin American, Middle East, and Ancient Studies. It also offers a TESOL minor and a TEFL minor/certificate, a minor in Japanese, and at least one year in Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hmong, Latin, and Russian (other languages offered at study abroad sites). (More department info: http://www.uwec.edu/flang/index.htm) .
- letter of application
- graduate school transcript (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- summary of student evaluations (if available)
- three recent letters of recommendation.
Application materials should be sent to the following address:
Dr. Carter Smith, Chair
Department of Foreign Languages
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by June 22, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled. Candidates must be able to be legally employed in the United States. The university reserves the right to contact additional references of our choice with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment