The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire anticipates having two Visiting Assistant Professors (lecturer title series) in writing positions in the English department. These two–year positions begin August 25, 2014, with the possibility of renewal for one to three additional academic years based upon review.
- The successful candidate will teach a 3-3 load (15 credits each semester), primarily in the first-year writing program, the Blugold Seminar in Critical Reading and Writing (http://www.uwec.edu/blugoldseminar/index.htm ).
- Doctorate or terminal degree in English, or related field. ABDs will also be considered.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of a record of excellence in teaching writing at the college level.
- Candidates must have at least one year of experience teaching college composition.
Other strong assets include evidence of:
- Experience with basic writers;
- Experience with multilingual writers;
- Experience with writing assessment;
- Experience with digital media/multimodal composition/21st century literacies;
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, inclusiveness, and anti-racism.
- Letter of application, indicating in part your approach to teaching first-year writing
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching portfolio (of no more than 10 pages; e.g., syllabi, assignments, etc.)
- A list of three references .
Please submit all documents in PDF format.
Please have one confidential letter of recommendation that specifically addresses your teaching abilities sent separately to Ms. Vickie Schafer at email@example.com. Indicate "VAP – Last Name, First Name" in the subject line.
Direct any questions to Dr. Carmen Manning, Chair of the English Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Click on our position vacancy: English: Lecturer/Visiting Assistant Professor (Job ID #9680) and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
The priority deadline is 11:59 pm on May 2, 2014. However, screening will continue until the positions are filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Under Wisconsin law, applicants' names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing (this option is available through the online application process), and names of the top five finalists must be released. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment