Priority date has passed....applications no longer being accepted.
The Department of English at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor for a creative writer whose primary emphasis is fiction, and who has secondary expertise in poetry. The position will start August 19, 2013.
- The successful candidate will teach courses as assigned in the English department.
- All department members teach a five-credit composition course every semester in addition to general and specialized courses.
- The typical semester load is three courses, equivalent to 11-12 credits.
- In addition, all department members participate in scholarly/creative activities, provide academic advising to students, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work..
Required Qualifications include:
- MFA, PhD or equivalent terminal degree in creative writing, an established record of fiction publication, and evidence of successful teaching.
- Candidates who are ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the terminal degree must be completed by December 1, 2013.
- Salary will be commensurate with teaching experience. .
Strong assets include:
- experience teaching composition at the college level;
- experience facilitating an online creative arts magazine;
- a commitment to undergraduate liberal education; and
- a commitment to the values of equity, diversity, inclusivity and anti-racism.
We welcome candidates who prioritize teaching excellence; whose pedagogy is inclusive, empowering and transformative for students; and who draw substantial connections across their teaching, creative work/scholarship, advising and service.
The English Department is a thriving, diverse academic community dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning. The department offers rigorous emphases in literature, creative writing, scientific and technical writing, linguistics, and education to English majors and minors. There is also a small and vital Master's program in English. Please see our website for more information: http://www.uwec.edu/english/
To apply, submit the following in pdf format:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Writing sample
- Three letters of recommendation.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm
Click the link to the Creative Writing position, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please direct questions to:
Dr. Carmen Manning, Chair
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 26, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled. Preliminary interviews for this position will be held by phone conference.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment