Candidate materials are only available via intranet; a UW-Eau Claire username and password will be required to view these materials.
Dr. Mel Kantor
Dates on campus: March 24-25, 2014
Open Forum: Monday, March 24 at 3:00-4:00 pm
in the Menominee Room of Davies Center (320F)
Please complete this qualtrics survey for Dr. Kantor. Submit no later than Thursday, March 27, 2014, at 4:30 pm. https://uweauclaire.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_aWxykfcbCuEUxb7
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a dynamic, student-focused individual to fill the Oliver M. Ramsey Endowed Chair, a senior faculty position in health science reporting to the provost. The successful candidate will hold a limited appointment as Ramsey Endowed Chair concurrent with a permanent appointment at the rank of professor with tenure in an appropriate academic department. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The academic year appointment will begin August 25, 2014. There is also an opportunity for summer employment.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Healthcare Cluster, a new initiative to advance the health sciences at UW-Eau Claire.
- Specific responsibilities will include
- leading the health sciences faculty in developing and sustaining an inter-professional curriculum and collaboration, including high impact learning experiences such as internships and collaborative research;
- developing and strengthening alliances with regional healthcare providers and academic institutions;
- fostering awareness and visibility of the health sciences on the UW-Eau Claire campus and within the community and region; and
- coordinating the planning activities of the Cluster steering committee.
- Teach one or more undergraduate or graduate courses per semester in a health science discipline and provide leadership in the development of new courses and other learning experiences according to interest and demand.
- Participate in and facilitate efforts to identify and secure internal and external funding and resources.
- Engage in scholarship as appropriate.
- A terminal degree such as a Ph.D., M.D., or D.N.P. in a health sciences discipline or a physical, biological or behavioral science.
- Professional experience in at least one of the following areas: healthcare sciences, the natural sciences, healthcare education, or clinical practice.
- Interest and skill in teaching, including mentoring students and collaborating with students in research.
- A broad knowledge of current trends in the healthcare industry and interest in creating and sustaining inter-institutional alliances.
- Evidence of leadership at an institutional level.
- Evidence of success in securing extramural funding and resources.
- A sustained record of scholarship/practice in an area appropriate to the position.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
THE HEALTHCARE CLUSTER
The Healthcare Cluster is an initiative that supports the advancement and visibility of the University's pre-professional and professional health science programs. It promotes high quality advising and innovative, high impact education for degree-seeking students in health science disciplines and for students preparing for graduate health science education. The Cluster also promotes research and teaching partnerships with regional graduate and professional institutions and healthcare providers in the health sciences and the physical, biological and behavioral sciences. The Healthcare Cluster includes affiliated departments with baccalaureate degree programs in behavior analysis, communication sciences and disorders, environmental public health, healthcare administration, human performance, nursing, and social work; graduate programs in communication sciences and disorders, nursing, and school psychology; and nine pre-professional programs supported by a Health Careers Center that offers coordinated advising and academic programming for students seeking admission to professional graduate programs.
Materials required in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- Contact information for three references.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: UW-Eau Claire Careers. You must create an account and login before you can apply, unless you are currently employed in the UW-System, in which case, you can use your UW login. To register, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to Oliver M. Ramsey Endowed Chair in Health Science (Job ID# 9328) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Direct requests for additional information to: Ms. Lori Jahnke email@example.com
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Ms. Jahnke to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment .