Notice of Filing the Application for
Permanent Employment Certification
The notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics for which a competitive recruitment was done (position announcement attached).
Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application for permanent alien labor certification to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at:
United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Chicago National Processing Center
Railroad Retirement Board Building
844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Telephone: (312) 886-8000
FAX: (312) 886-1688
The University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire provides prevailing working conditions for all employees. The rate of pay for this position will be $58,000.
The Department of Economics at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position will start August 20, 2012.
- The faculty member will be expected to teach one or more courses in behavioral economics, other upper-level economics courses, and principles of economics.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in research and scholarly activities, supervise undergraduate student research projects, provide academic advising to students as assigned, and engage in service to the university and community.
- A Ph.D. in economics is required; ABD applicants will be considered with evidence that the degree will be completed by February 15, 2013.
- Applicants must provide evidence of teaching excellence and the ability to develop and maintain an active research program.
- The department seeks applicants who would bring a commitment to promoting inclusiveness and diversity in the university community.
- The department seeks applicants whose interests and capabilities align with the department's commitment to support the learning goals that are the liberal education core of academic programs at UW-Eau Claire (see http://www.uwec.edu/assess/goals/goalsBac.htm and http://www.aacu.org/resources/liberaleducation/index.cfm ).
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
The Department of Economics has 10 full-time faculty members and is part of the College of Arts and Sciences. The department offers undergraduate economics majors and minors; it also provides general education and supporting coursework in economics. There are approximately 120 majors and 20 minors in the department.
To apply, send electronic copies (PDF format, separate file for each item) of the following:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita
- Three letters of reference
- A writing sample
- Evidence of excellent teaching (such as student evaluations)
- A statement describing how you would teach behavioral economics.
Application materials should be submitted to:
Dr. Wayne Carroll, Chair
Department of Economics
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
Phone: 715-836-5743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited candidates will be asked to provide an official transcript. To learn more about the department, visit http://www.uwec.edu/econ .
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 5, 2011. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment