The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking candidates for the position of Dean of the College of Education and Human Sciences. This is a full-time position with a tenured appointment in an academic department within the College. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2014.
The Dean of theCollege of Education and Human Sciences is the intellectual and administrative leader of the college, and the chief advocate for the college's mission and academic programs. The Dean reports to and works in consultation with the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Dean facilitates and promotes the highest quality in curriculum and academic support programs by fostering a collaborative spirit, a positive and productive work environment, and a commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Advise the Provost and Vice Chancellor in matters of academic program, budget, facilities, personnel, and support services, and act as a representative of, and strong advocate for the College of Education and Human Sciences.
- Lead the development, administration and evaluation of the activities of the College's faculty/academic staff and academic programs, including curriculum, instruction, advising, and scholarship.
- Provide visionary education leadership in the college, the university, and the broader community based on a strong knowledge and value of the integral relationship between liberal education and professional education.
- Promote scholarly and creative activities of faculty and academic staff, including faculty-undergraduate student research collaboration, and support professional development.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the college budget within funding limits.
- Collaborate with the UW-Eau Claire Foundation and the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to lead faculty and academic staff in securing financial and non-financial support for the college.
- Advise the Provost and Vice Chancellor on all personnel matters relating to the appointment, evaluation, and promotion of faculty/academic staff, and the tenure of college faculty.
- Work cooperatively with the academic deans of the other colleges.
- Lead the college in responding creatively and flexibly to challenges and opportunities in higher education (e.g. MOOCs, dual enrollment, flexible degrees, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost and Vice Chancellor.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in education or human sciences field represented in the College (education studies, special education, communication sciences and disorders, kinesiology, and social work).
- A minimum of three years of academic administrative experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have served as dean, associate or assistant dean, division head, department chair or equivalent. Individuals with more extensive experience at these levels are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should describe in the application letter how they demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-driven decision-making
- Responsible fiscal management
- Success in development and fundraising activities
- Effective advocacy for education and the College's related fields
- Experience with state education agencies, PK-12 administrators and teachers
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three references
Application materials should be submitted electronically in pdf format.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Click on our position vacancy -- College of Education and Human Sciences: Dean (Job ID #9457) -- and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Sarah Forcier, Search Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The priority deadline for applications is February 3, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless conﬁdentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all ﬁnalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment