Priority application date extended to 7/8/13.
Counseling Services at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a full-time fixed-term professional academic staff position as a Psychologist, to begin August 12, 2013. This is a full-time position available on a 12-month basis or full-time on a 10-month appointment (with two months off during the summer). This position has the expectation of renewal based on performance.
- The counseling psychologist is responsible for providing individual, group, marriage and family therapy, as well as crisis intervention counseling services to university students and for counseling university employees within an EAP context.
- Consultation services to faculty and staff and outreach activities are also performed by counseling psychologists to enhance the personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment of students and other members of the campus community.
- Provide outreach to campus organizations and classes to inform students about personal development and mental health concerns.
- Supervise/train graduate student practicum/interns.
- Oversee testing services within UW-Eau Claire Counseling Services.
- PhD or Psy.D. degree in clinical psychology or counseling required from a regionally accredited institution.
- Required to be licensed within the state of Wisconsin within 1 year of starting the position.
- 5-7 years of experience within the field of psychology
- Preference for experience with a young adult population.
- Ability to provide limited testing for a college population.
- Experience assessing and treating significant mental health concerns.
- Preference for clinician who has supervised the clinical work of Master's level interns or doctoral candidates.
- Preference for experience in a team-oriented environment that includes interactions with allied professionals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing individual and group counseling services to college students will be considered an asset.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the unit and serve as a role model and mentor for minorities will be considered an asset.
The Counseling Services unit is a part of the Student Affairs Division at UW-Eau Claire and is overseen by the Dean of Students. Counseling Services works closely with the Dean of Students Office, Student Health Services and other student support units to provide integrated care for our clients.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Counseling Services: Psychologist position (Job ID #9071) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Include the following in PDF format (a single pdf file strongly preferred):
- Letter of application (indicate if you prefer a 100% 12-month or 10-month appt)
- Graduate school transcript
- Contact information for three references.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Erin Pevan, Counseling Services Office Manager, at email@example.com or call 715-836-5521.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by July 8, 2013 (was July 1, 2013). However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment