Two full-time professional academic staff positions are available in the Center for Advising, Development, and Enrichment (CADE) beginning June 1, 2014. The working title for these assignments is CADE Adviser with an official title in the Associate Adviser title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Provide quality, comprehensive academic and career advising to undergraduates in the College of Business to help them meet their educational and career goals in a timely manner and become well-rounded individuals. Increase students' awareness and participation across a variety of high-impact experiences such as international/intercultural immersion, undergraduate research, internships, learning communities, writing-intensive experiences, tutoring, service-learning, capstone experiences, and professional and career development.
Areas of Responsibility - Advising:
- Provide consultation for students on such matters as course selection, balancing work and school, and academic achievement
- Interpret, communicate, and keep up to date on all university and degree policies such as general education requirements, major and minor requirements, graduation requirements, course waivers and substitutions, late course adds/drops/withdrawals, and credit overloads
- Assist advisees in creating individualized four-year plans
- Maintain records of each advisee contact
- Track advisees' progress toward their degree with the goal of increased retention and timely degree completion
- Address advisees' needs by referring them to appropriate student services
- Follow up with advisees who are at risk based on mid-term and semester grades
- Provide information about enrichment experiences including study abroad, national exchange programs, intercultural immersion experiences, service learning, student/faculty research, and student organizations
- Advise students during summer orientation
- Work with diverse group of advisees: traditional, non-traditional, transfer, at-risk, online, and international students
- Meet with undeclared students to explain opportunities in the College of Business
- Work with other professionals who are involved with supporting student achievement
- Represent CADE at university and community events
- Support and promote recruitment of College of Business majors and minors
- Assess effectiveness of CADE through surveys of advisees and alumni
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required
- Demonstrated ability in working with a diverse population of college students
- Demonstrated ability in making effective presentation
- Strong written, oral, listening, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advising, career development, and/or counseling experience
- Business Experience
ABOUT THE UNIT
The Center for Advising, Development, and Enrichment (CADE) consists of five staff members. See http://www.uwec.edu/COB/cade/faculty_staff.htm .
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: College of Business: Adviser for the Center for Advising, Development, and Enrichment; Job ID #9647; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
Please direct requests for additional information to Ms. Sandra Klaboe, firstname.lastname@example.org .
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 11, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment