The office of Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking a Program Manager, an administrative/professional academic staff position, to start January 6, 2014. Salary range is $47,854 up to $50,000 with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As part of the UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education department, this position develops, delivers, and evaluates various non-credit programming areas for a variety of audiences. Program areas may include, but would not be limited to, business, certificate programs, community classes for adults, education, nursing, health and human services, youth programming, and others. The purpose of this position is to create and deliver non-credit educational programming that supports workforce and economic development and creates vibrant communities through collaborative relationships between the university, UW-Extension, and external audiences. The Outreach Program Manager I will primarily be responsible for the following activities:
- Program Planning, Development, and Delivery/Program Outreach
- Event Coordination and Marketing/Promotion
- Budget and Grant Administration
- Other Duties and Responsibilities Designated by the Assistant Director of Non-Credit Programming and/or CE Director.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to remain adaptable and flexible to different situations and changes, including learning new systems and processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Ability to create accurate program budgets.
- Master's degree.
- Expertise or educational background in a subject area related to our CE program areas (see program areas listed in "Duties" and our website at http://www.uwec.edu/ce/ ), preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in continuing higher education programming and grant writing/administration.
- Experience in the development and delivery of quality education programs.
The mission of Continuing Education at UW-Eau Claire is to fulfill the "Wisconsin Idea" by serving our communities with UW-Eau Claire-quality educational resources. Accordingly, the Continuing Education (CE) unit is entrusted with establishing supportive and collaborative relationships among UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, UW-Extension, and a wide variety of external audiences. Additional information on Continuing Education at UW-Eau Claire can be found at http://www.uwec.edu/ce/ .
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: Employment/uweccareers.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Continuing Education: Outreach Program Manager position (Job ID# 9298) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Jessica Barnier, Search Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 17, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
Please contact Jessica Barnier at 715-836-5843 or email@example.com if necessary to request accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment