The office of Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is seeking a Director of UW-Eau Claire Small Business Development Center (SBDC), an administrative/professional academic staff position with the official title of Outreach Program Manager II, to start July 1, 2014. The salary range is $60,000 - $65,000 with salary commensurate on qualifications and experience.
As part of the UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education department, the SBDC Director is responsible for the overall planning, administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Center's services to prospective entrepreneurs and small-business owners and managers in the Center's eight-county service area. The SBDC Director, working collaboratively with the statewide SBDC Network, is also responsible for the local administration of certain federal and state economic-development programs sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the DEED unit of UW-Extension.
The SBDC Director will primarily be responsible for the following activities:
- Small Business Consulting
- Staff Supervision, Leadership, and Outreach
- Budget and Grant Administration
- Program Planning, Development, and Delivery
- Other Duties and Responsibilities Designated by the CE Director.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of five years of management and leadership experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with a wide range of individuals, especially entrepreneurs, small-business owners and managers, and economic-development professionals.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Master's degree or MBA.
- Prior ownership or management of a small business.
- One year of experience in economic development-related positions, with an emphasis on consulting experience with entrepreneurs and small business owners and managers.
- A record of successful grant writing/administration.
ABOUT CONTINUING EDUCATION
The mission of Continuing Education at UW-Eau Claire is to fulfill the "Wisconsin Idea" by serving our communities with UW-Eau Claire-quality educational resources. Accordingly, the Continuing Education (CE) unit is entrusted with establishing supportive and collaborative relationships among UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, UW-Extension, and a wide variety of external audiences. Additional information on Continuing Education at UW-Eau Claire can be found at http://www.uwec.edu/ce/ .
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Continuing Education: Director of Small Business Development Center; Job ID #9646; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
If you have application questions, please contact Ms. Jessica Barnier, Search Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 7, 2014. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested (this option is available in the on-line application process). Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
Please contact Jessica Barnier at 715-836-5843 or email@example.com if necessary to request accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process. To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment