The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for two probationary tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The positions will start August 19, 2013 (although a start date as early as January, 2013, is negotiable). Summer employment is possible.
- We are seeking individuals with a strong interest in the academic and clinical instruction of undergraduate and master's students in our CAA accredited program in speech-language pathology.
- Other responsibilities include active participation in scholarly activity, student advising/mentoring, engagement in service to the university and community, and participation in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders or a related field and CCC-SLP.
- ABD considered but completion of the doctorate will be required by June 1, 2014.
- Area of expertise is open.
- Prior university teaching and online teaching experience will be considered assets as will expertise in the area of fluency and/or child language.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Those interested in enhancing our efforts to address ethnic and cultural diversity issues are encouraged to apply.
The department has six faculty, four clinical instructional staff members, approximately 200 undergraduate majors, and 36 master's students. The department also has an active speech, language, and hearing clinic with 16 treatment rooms, observation areas, an AAC lab with observation room, a well-equipped voice/speech science lab, an audiology lab, and an instructional technology lab.
Please be sure you have included:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Contact information for three references who can comment on relevant clinical and/or academic teaching experience
- Unofficial transcripts
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. Instructions for applying online are available under the Apply Online FAQs link. Register for the application site by providing a user name and password of your own choosing
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." These positions are listed under Job Opening ID 1093.
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions call or email:
Dr. Vicki Samelson, Search Committee Chair
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 1, 2012. However, screening may continue until both positions are filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
It is the policy of UW Eau Claire to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.