The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The position will start August 25, 2014 (a start date as early as the spring 2014 semester--January 3, 2014, is negotiable). Summer employment is possible.
- We are seeking individuals with a strong interest in the academic and clinical instruction of undergraduate and master's students in our CAA accredited program in speech-language pathology.
- Other responsibilities include active participation in scholarly activity, student advising/mentoring, engagement in service to the university and community, and participation in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders or a related field and CCC-SLP.
- ABD considered but completion of the doctorate will be required by June 1, 2015.
- Area of expertise is open.
- Prior university teaching experience and online teaching experience will be considered assets as will expertise in any of the following areas: phonetics, speech science, child phonology, fluency, and AAC.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Those interested in enhancing our efforts to address ethnic and cultural diversity issues are encouraged to apply.
The department has seven faculty, four clinical instructional staff members, approximately 200 undergraduate majors, and 36 master's students. We are adding 18-20 distance learning graduate students in 2014. The department also has an active speech, language, and hearing clinic with 16 treatment rooms, observation areas, an AAC lab, a well-equipped voice/speech science lab, an audiology lab, and an instructional technology lab.
To apply, submit the following:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum Vta
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three references who can comment on relevant clinical and/or academic teaching experience.
Application materials should be submitted in PDF format.
Applications are to be submitted online through UW-Eau Claire Careers: UW-Eau Claire Careers (Click on the position vacancy, Communication and Sciences Disorders: Assistant or Associate Professor, Job ID# 9238, and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.")
Direct requests for additional information to:
Dr. Abby Hemmerich, Search Committee Chair
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 1, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment