The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business invites applications for the position of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Coordinator. This is a full-time fiscal year appointment with an official title of Instructional Program Manager II.
- Serve as a central contact to coordinate and develop university support for economic development activities within the region
- Develop and nurture relationships across campus and within the community to facilitate economic development
- Develop the campus economic development climate through a variety of activities. These may include arranging guest speakers, developing campus workshops related to economic development, and soliciting opportunities for university involvement in economic development.
- Serve as the program coordinator for the College of Business Entrepreneurship Program
- Develop and facilitate professional development and community engagement opportunities for students in the College of Business Entrepreneurship program
- Teach one class per semester within the College of Business Entrepreneurship program, and contribute to Entrepreneurship curriculum development in consultation with other program faculty.
- Qualified applicants will have a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in business, economics, or related area, as well as professional experience related to business and/or economic development.
- This position requires an individual with self-initiative, excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills, and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the university and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will be considered an asset.
ABOUT UW-EAU CLAIRE:
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire campus community consists of 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and 800 faculty and administrative/professional staff. Our AACSB-accredited College of Business offers eight undergraduate majors as well as the MBA degree.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: College of Business: Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Coordinator; Job ID #9611; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
If you have application questions, please contact Tim Vaughan, Associate Dean of the College of Business at email@example.com
The priority deadline for completed applications is March 28, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment