Applications are being accepted for the Associate Dean for the College of Education and Human Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. This position is a full-time, 12-month, limited appointment with a concurrent tenured faculty appointment in an academic department within the College. The successful candidate will report to the Dean for the College of Education and Human Sciences with a start date of July 1, 2014.
Three key areas of responsibility include administration, student services, and academic services within the College.
- Advises the Dean on accreditation and program approval activities/actions;
- Provides leadership to the Academic Curriculum Committee;
- Overall responsibility for college e-newsletter and website;
- Fosters/facilitates diversity initiatives to include recruitment and retention of individuals from underrepresented groups.
- Supervises student services including criminal background and caregiver checks, petitions, appeals and records;
- Contact person for student-related academic issues;
- Provides leadership in initiatives related to student services and academic performance;
- Serves as liaison between students and various campus units;
- Coordinate College Academic Appeals and Suspensions Committee.
- Supervises all academic aspects of student affairs, maintains academic standards, and administers academic regulations;
- Responds to petitions for waivers, substitutions, and exceptions from policy;
- Advances faculty curricular initiatives;
- Monitors/consults on assessment activities;
- Manages syllabi and records of undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Maintains student enrollment, retention, and graduation data.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in education or human sciences field represented in the College (education studies, special education, communication sciences and disorders, kinesiology, and social work);
- Demonstrated success as a teacher and scholar warranting tenure at the rank of associate or full professor within a department in the College;
- Experience as an academic administrator in higher education;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with students, faculty and staff, including a willingness and ability to listen to divergent points of view and to mediate and manage conflict;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to diverse experiences and perspectives.
- Letter of application
- Graduate school transcripts
- Curriculum Vita
- Names/contact information for a minimum of three references
Completed applications are to be submitted online in pdf format.
Apply online through UW-Eau Claire Careers (Job ID # 9239): UW-Eau Claire Careers
Direct requests for additional information to:
Suzanne C. Olson, Budget Officer
College of Education and Human Sciences
Phone 715-836-5210 or email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 17, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment