A professional academic staff position is available for the UW MBA Consortium/UW Undergraduate Alliance, managed by the College of Business with the title in the Information Processing Consultant series. This would be a 60% position with the potential of expanding to full-time; it is available beginning April 7, 2014.
This individual will be part of the Instructional Design and Online Course Support (iDocs) unit for our College of Business online programs, including the UW MBA Consortium, the UW Undergraduate Business Alliance, the Bachelor of Business Administration-Online (BBA-O), and the HCAD Practicum Companion programs. As part of the iDocs team, the individual will provide for the instructional design and instructional technology needs of the online faculty involved in any CoB-supported programs. The individual will also assist in user support (both student and faculty) for our learning management system (LMS), Desire2Learn, and other instructional technology tools.
- Partner with online faculty to develop, design, and create online instructional content applying instructional design oversight and active learning principles in the development process.
- Partner with online faculty to design, and create engaging, interactive, and instructionally sound online learning activities.
- Provide support for any online faculty who wish to incorporate multimedia and technology tools, such as webinars, into their online classes.
- Develop interactive learning objects for online courses using media development tools.
- Provide support as needed for the development of online classes in the initial, revision, or maintenance stages. Responsibilities in this role may include training faculty in the use of D2L tools, doing HTML file conversion, using Respondus or a similar product to import quiz questions, etc.
- Provide follow-up assistance and support to online instructors throughout the offering of their courses.
- Ensure adherence to online course quality standards, including those in the Quality Matters rubric, during the development and revision of all online courses.
- Collaborate with other iDocs staff to assess the needs of our online faculty during the course development and teaching processes; as a result of assessments, work with other iDocs staff to develop resources and processes for ensuring quality online learning opportunities for our students.
- Work with other iDocs staff to develop and maintain materials within the iDocs website, including a collection of instructional design and instructional technology documentation and video tutorials.
- Maintain memberships in appropriate professional organizations and represent our online programs at professional conferences.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Direct experience in instructional development and design
- Experience with Desire2Learn, Blackboard, or a closely related product
- Experience working with post-secondary educators
- Experience with Dreamweaver (or a closely related product), HTML, and CSS coding
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Graduate degree
- Experience with project management systems, such as Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with virtual meeting and presentation tools, such as BlackBoard Collaborate or omNovia.
- Experience with a web content management systems, such as CommonSpot.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The UW-Eau Claire College of Business serves as the managing partner for two online programs: The UW MBA Consortium (in partnership with UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, and UW-Parkside) and the Undergraduate Business Alliance (in partnership with UW-River Falls and UW-Superior). These partnerships have continued to grow and provide quality online education to students from the partner institutions and beyond. iDocs staff work with faculty from all six universities in the development, design, and continued support of our online programming. Additionally, iDocs staff support the BBA-Online and HCAD Practicum companion courses, which are offered exclusively through UW-Eau Claire.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Names of three references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: College of Business: MBA Consortium/Undergraduate Alliance iDocs; Job ID #9579; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
If you have application questions, please email Jessica Franson, Screening Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The priority deadline for completed applications is March 10, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing (this option is available through the online application process). Names of the top five finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment