A full-time professional academic staff position is available in the UW-Eau Claire Children's Nature Academy as an Early Childhood Lead Teacher. The official title is in the Student Services Specialist title series and has an anticipated start date of December 2, 2013. This is a one-year appointment with possible renewal, based on satisfactory performance and academy enrollment.
The Early Childhood lead teacher, under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director, is responsible for developing and implementing a developmentally based, educational program for an assigned class of school children. The curriculum must meet the emotional, physical, cognitive, and social needs of both the individual child and the group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets each child in a warm and friendly manner.
- Reads individual child's files in his/her class and is knowledgeable about their medical and developmental histories.
- Interacts with the children and encourages their involvement in activities.
- Provides a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing.
- Plans, prepares and implements daily activities (indoor/outdoor) as they relate to the curriculum.
- Responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of the children.
- Provides overall supervision of toileting and bathroom time.
- Oversees all mealtime/snack time activities and related record keeping.
- Maintains daily attendance records.
- Maintains ongoing developmental records for each child, including keeping records of all developing skills (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive)
- Keeps a portfolio of each child's progress, including photographs, samples of their artwork, writing, etc…
- Maintains good communication with parents on a daily basis through the use of daily sheets, notes, or verbally.
- Supervises, trains, and utilizes assistant teacher's (and volunteer's) skills and abilities.
- Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Ensures confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Performs additional program duties as assigned by the Director according to agency needs.
- Attends all staff meetings (Date and times TBA).
- Attends all supervisory meetings, team planning meetings, and curriculum meetings scheduled by the Director.
- Participates in Family Orientation Night and Family/Child Open House, Family/Teacher Conferences or other Center sponsored events.
- Maintains all required reports pertaining to the class and/or individual children. This includes progress reports twice annually in May and October.
- Prepares and conducts two Family/Teacher Conferences. Also, responsible for holding or initiating parent conference/meetings other than the two mentioned above, as necessary.
- Attends workshops, conferences, and any in-service training sponsored by the Center or other educational organizations, as approved and instructed by the Director.
- Writes monthly newsletter in detail for parents, submitted to the Director for prior approval.
- Submits a written lesson plan weekly to the Director for prior approval. Day to be determined by Director.
- Maintains cleanliness in staff lounge.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have at least one year of experience working with an early childhood education program.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: UW-Eau Claire Careers .
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Children's Nature Academy: Early Childhood Lead Teacher position (Job ID# 9377) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 10, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment