The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks qualified candidates for the positions of Middle School Coordinator and High School Coordinator for a precollege program, each a twelve-month, 100% position with primary responsibility for coordination, implementation and monitoring of the middle and high school Blugold Beginnings programming in area schools. Positions are a one year, no-intent-to-renew, and grant funded. Positions are to begin July 1, 2013.
The purpose of the Blugold Beginnings (BB) program is to educate and inspire students, especially underrepresented, low income, or first generation students, to believe that a post-secondary education is important, attainable, and available at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and other institutions.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between school staff, college mentors and BB staff
- Report to BB Director and school partners on a weekly basis about the status of programming
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and training of mentors
- Coordinate and supervise all BB mentor sessions and activities at all participating school sites
- Supervise and monitor contact, interactions and job performance of school site coordinators and mentors during programming on and off campus
- Provide mentors with performance reviews and continued training throughout the year
- Develop and coordinate college and career readiness events for students and schools
- Facilitate and/or participate in ongoing assessment and evaluation of each program component
- Coordinate program schedules and maintain all school staff with current materials
- Cultivate relationships and collaboration efforts within assigned school sites
- Organize, track and maintain applications, progress and all paperwork of participating youth
- Collaborate with outside agencies to continue and/or build program partnerships
- Provide clerical support, inventory and order supplies, billing paperwork and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
- Preference given to applicants with relevant teaching, youth programming and precollege experience.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to Blugold Beginnings: Program Coordinator position (Job ID# 9064) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is June 24, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment