The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks qualified candidates for the position of Program Coordinator for Blugold Beginnings Learning Community Program, a twelve-month, 25% position with primary responsibility for coordination, implementation and monitoring the learning program. Position is a one year, no-intent-to-renew, Blugold Commitment funded program coordinator. Position to begin August 1, 2013.
- Recruit 25 underrepresented students to participate in the learning community annually
- Provide a transitional program for underrepresented students beginning fall 2013 including a jump start camp, monthly activities, events and development opportunities.
- Advise students on a personal level supporting academics, financial aid, family and other personal and developmental topics.
- Engage past and present cohorts with programming; track participation and retention.
- Coordinate and involve underrepresented participants in high impact practices.
- Support students with specific programming and resources during their first four semesters at UW-Eau Claire.
- Document all activities, complete reports and work toward the achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Assist with the coordination of student employment and payroll through the Blugold Beginnings mentoring program.
- Conduct fundraising and grant writing activities to sustain programming beyond 2013.
- Work to achieve the following outcomes:
- Each student will set short- and long-term goals for academic and personal success and monitor their individual progress toward achieving those goals.
- Each student will effectively learn, select, and apply various college learning strategies for academic success in their courses such as: *Listening and taking notes on lecture/discussion materia; *Reading and taking notes on textbook and other printed instructional material; *Preparing for and taking objective and essay exams.
- Each student will develop and apply efficient and effective time management and organizational skills in order to achieve their personal and academic priorities.
- Each student will connect with the broader campus community by exploring campus and student organizations of interest, attending campus events such as Forum and/or Artist Series presentations, plays, musical performances, and cultural enrichment events.
- Each student will become familiar with and use available campus resources to assist in their retention and success including but not limited to offices of Advising, Career Services, Counseling Services, Financial Aid, Health Services, NSE/StudyAbroad, Tutoring, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Student Support Services, Housing and Residence Life.
- Each student will develop the ability to make informed decisions regarding college majors and future career paths through assessment, exploration, research, guidance, advising and mentoring.
- Each student will gain an understanding of the importance and value of diversity to their daily lives and in the educational setting and future work place.
- Students will establish a social cohort through organized activities in this and other courses of the Blugold Beginnings Learning Community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Blugold Beginnings Director.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
- Preference given to applicants with relevant teaching, youth programming or precollege experience.
Applications are submitted electronically. Interested candidates should apply online at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to Blugold Beginnings: Learning Community Coordinator position (Job ID# 9082) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com .
The priority deadline for applications is June 24, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment