Please complete a qualtrics survey for each candidate--to be submitted no later than noon on May 15, 2014.
On-campus May 5, 2014
Open Presentation: Monday, May 5--10:45-11:45 am in Ho Chunk Room (Davies Center)
On-campus May 6, 2014
Open Presentation: Tuesday, May 6--10:45-11:45 am in Menominee Room (Davies Center 320F)
On-campus May 14, 2014
Open Presentation: Wednesday, May 14--10:45-11:45 pm in Menominee Room (Davies Center 320F)
A qualtrics survey for each candidate will be available soon.
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a visionary and visible Athletic Director to lead the Blugold Athletics program. The Athletic Director serves as the primary face of a program that has a long history of success and leadership in Division III of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). UW-Eau Claire is a member of the competitive Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association (WIAC).
The Athletic Director provides institutional leadership in collaborating with key stakeholders in the university (students, faculty and staff) and with alumni, the community, corporate partners and donors, to forge an ambitious vision for excellence in athletic and academic performance. Blugold Athletic teams and individuals have won national and conference championships across an array of 22 teams (10 men; 12 women). The UW-Eau Claire Athletics Department serves over 500 Student-Athletes and plays a vital role in student recruitment and retention. The Athletic Director's leadership and engagement will be essential in developing and implementing a strategic direction and vision for the future to ensure continued success on the field of play, in the classroom and within the community.
For further details about Blugold Athletics, visit our website: www.blugolds.com. The anticipated start date for this full-time position is July 1, 2014, but is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Position Description Summary:
- Administer and supervise the athletics program consistent with the university mission and appropriate WIAC conference and NCAA and other national organization rules.
- Plan and oversee all fundraising and development activities for athletics, including charitable gifts from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations.
- Develop and lead the department in carrying out an effective program for promoting and marketing athletics programs within the university and the region.
- Promote a competitive athletic atmosphere consistent with NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Actively recruit and recommend personnel to be employed in the athletics program with a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Encourage and recognize student success in service, the classroom and in competition.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with student-athletes, the Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC), the athletics department, the Student Affairs Division, the university administration, faculty and staff as well as the Blugold Club.
- Provide vision, planning, and administrative oversight for renovation and any new future facility construction while working with other departments as appropriate.
- Collaboratively develop and recommend the short and long range strategic plans for the athletics program.
- Develop and recommend the budget in collaboration with the athletics program Budget Coordinator for review by the Athletic Committee.
- Oversee compliance with NCAA Division III and conference rules.
For full position description, click here: Athletics Director Position Description.
Specific qualifications for the position:
- Five years of experience in intercollegiate athletics administration or equivalent related managerial and supervisory experience
- Experience in successful fundraising initiatives
- Experience building strong teams among staff and students
- Strong commitment to student success in the classroom and in athletic competition
- Experience in marketing and promotion of athletic endeavors
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Proven ability to recruit outstanding staff and student athletes
- Bachelor's degree is required; master's degree is preferred
University and Eau Claire Community:
The Eau Claire area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities. UW-Eau Claire is an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, and is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. For details on the University and more information about the Eau Claire Community, go to www.visiteauclaire.com
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application that addresses the above responsibilities and qualifications.
- A listing of four references, including names, titles, full mailing addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Athletics: Intercollegiate Athletics Director; Job ID #9630; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Julie Carr at email@example.com
Nominations should be forwarded to: Dr. Joseph Abhold, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
A confidential review and screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Complete applications should be received by March 30, 2014, for priority consideration.
Applications will be treated as confidential in compliance with the state of Wisconsin guidelines. Please note that the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality (this option will be presented in the online application process), except that the identities of "final candidates" must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, "final candidates" under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Final offer of employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment