The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Athletic Department is seeking three Athletic Training professional academic staff members to serve as Interns to assist in providing overall healthcare for intercollegiate student-athletes. UW-Eau Claire offers 22 NCAA Division III sports and competes in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). Positions are 10 months in length starting Aug 1, 2013, and will report to the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Athletics.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary athletic trainer for assigned sports, practice and event coverage, some travel, communication with supervising ATC and Team Physician.
- Individual will be responsible for maintaining accurate and current medical records, providing necessary healthcare, assisting in the supervision of various satellite athletic training room operations, and other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Team assignment responsibilities will be based upon qualifications as well as institutional need.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting in the administration of clinical proficiency education, as well as supervision and education of athletic training students within the CAATE approved Athletic Training Education Program for qualified applicants.
Individuals in this position will gain valuable work experiences in athletic training and sports medicine as well as improving their skills in documentation, communication, supervision, management of health care facilities, and human relations. Opportunities are available to take graduate courses within the UW-Eau Claire College of Education and Human Services(www.uwec.edu/Graduate/) or through an online graduate program. Financial assistance for graduate studies may be available.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training
- BOC Certified or Eligible
- Wisconsin Licensure or Eligible
- Current Cardiac Care Certification from ARC or AHA (professional rescuer, first responder, etc.).
- BOC Certification for a minimum of one year
- Sstudent clinical supervision experience
- Knowledge of CAATE Standards and Guidelines.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site:http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm.
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Assistant Athletic Trainer Intern position and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three references.
For questions, contact:
Garry Grant, SM, ATC/LAT, CSCS--Head Athletic Trainer
If you have additional application questions, please contact
Ms. Nancy Hendricks, Department Associate
Department of Athletics
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment